Background to Thevwcalifornia.com
The VW California.com was formed in 2007 by VW California owners and enthusiasts as the first online community for California owners and fans.
Created to share knowledge and enable users to get the best from owning and travelling in a VW California campervan, this social community has grown significantly over the past 6 years and is now the top destination for those interested in the VW California. It has secured the top position on Google when searching for ‘VW California’ and first page on other similar key word searches. The hit rate is still growing month on month and the website is frequently mentioned on other related social media sites.
The Facebook page and forum, with over TEN THOUSAND likes / followers and 1500 topics, holds a wealth of information and hosts lively discussions. It covers both lifestyle and technical issues and includes items such as winter camping, travelling with children, warranty and servicing tips.
Partnerships and Associations
TheVWCalifornia.com has a long relationship with the Volkswagen brand and has previously contributed in recruiting owners for focus groups and providing marketing material such as photos and stories for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles advertising campaigns and brochures. In 2014 TheVWCalifornia.com worked alongside the VW Press and PR office and Volksworld Sponsors CampetVanTastic to arrange an owner’s factory tour of Hanover that was featured in VWT magazine – an event it plans to repeat again in the coming year.
TheVWCalifornia.com has developed a huge amount of knowledge about the California and campervanning and their specialists frequently share pearls of wisdom on
the Facebook and Forum Platforms.
Since 2012 The VW California.com has been working closely with CamperVanTastic, the leading UK California hire and accessory specialists. CamperVanTastic provides a ‘try before you buy’ service to prospective owners and refers customers to their local dealerships. It also supports new owners by providing advice and equipment, and exhibits and demonstrates the California at a number of events and shows across the country.
Plans for the VW Califonia.com in over the coming year include:
- A second VW Factory tour and road trip to Hanover, Germany, for up to 40 owners
- Developing partnerships further by utilising marketing opportunities and harnessing the support both organisations enjoy.
- Increasing topics and discussions on the forum and ensuring the Facebook page and Twitter feed are updated regularly.
- Explore opportunities with VW dealerships to see where joint working would be beneficial.
- Hosting yet another VW California owners’ display at the VolksWorld Show at Sandown Park in March.
- Continue to post regular interest stories both online and in printed media.
Advertising Opportunities Available on The VWCalifornia.com
- Banner positions available on sidebars and footer areas Please note that advert size can be increased to improve visibility and show on every page of the website which includes pages such as ‘Buying Guide’ and ‘Buy New’.
- Sponsors/Advertisers are also promoted on social media sites such as Facebook & Twitter.
- An all new section for campervan hire companies to advertise their business via an interactive map.
Website and Social Media Statistics
- www.thevwcalifonia.com – over 10,000 unique and targeted hits per month
- Facebook Page – with 14000 likes with continued interactivity
- New & Used Classified Campervan Sales Pages
- Forum for pages (Facebook integrated message board) with over 1,500 discussion topics with RSS feeds to external websites and top search engine ranking
PLEASE CONTACT US TODAY TO DISCOVER MORE ABOUT ADVERTISING WITH THEVWCALIFORNIA.COM